Today is my Daddy's birthday!
Unfortunately I'm away at a conference, so I'm missing out on both birthday and Father's Day celebrations! :(
In honor of my dear ol' dad, today's Five Things Friday are all things Craig.
1. When my grandma was pregnant with my dad, she was so convinced that she was having a girl that she didn't even bother to consider boys' names. "Craig Alan" was purely a spur-of-the-moment hospital decision.
2. My dad has a nickname for everyone. Seriously, boys we're are dating, new customers, teachers, relatives...meet him for 5 minutes and he'll have a nickname for ya. He must have some strange aversion to birth names. Perhaps because of item #1 on this list?
3. When I was a junior in high school, I was convinced that I wanted to go back east for college. So my dad took me on a tour...in February. He planned it that way so that it would be cold and I wouldn't like it. And his plan worked! I wound up only applying to California schools.
4. My dad plays city league basketball (with a bunch of other old guys) and every year he swears it's his last season. Literally. Every year. We'll see when he finally quits.
5. Craig is a big fan of P90X, which includes nuggets of wisdom such as "Do your best, and forget the rest," which dear Craig likes to use as pep talks. Cheesy, but effective. Most of teh time.
Happy Birthday Dad!
I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment