Friday, June 3, 2011

Five Things Friday

Today is a special edition of Five Things Friday,
because today is my little sister Kendall's high school graduation!
Taking a moment to make this all about me (typical...), I cannot believe I graduated three years ago! It feels like yesterday that I was waking up, curling my hair, and heading to school to graduate! (maybe one day I'll tell the story of how my graduation gown got stolen right before the ceremony...) So much has changed since then, but I still feel the same in a lot of ways.
Since this Friday is Kendall's special day, I am dedicating my five things to facts and useless trivia about my favorite 18 year old. Here it goes!

1.) Kendall was born on my second-and-a-half birthday. This means that every year, on each of our birthdays, we wish the other a happy half birthday. On February 2, I try to get half the attention ;) When we were little, my mom would get the half birthday girl a present too.
2.) For the past year, Kendall served as the State Vice President of the California Association of Student Councils. She was the second in command of a statewide organization at age 17...she's a bad ass, enough said.
3.) Kendall applied to 16 colleges (clearly she's a crazy person) and got into 14! I may be biased, but I'd say that's pretty damn impressive. She worked so hard in high school, and I'm so proud of her! She's headed to the University of Washington in the fall, and our teams face off on the football team in September! Can't wait.
4.) Kendall could eat Subway everyday. In fact, she probably has it almost everyday. This is an obsession of which I approve. Subway is tasty.
5.) You know how some people just aren't morning people? Well, Kendall takes that trait to a whole new level. Waking her up is highly inadvisable. I wouldn't recommend it to even a trained professional. Good thing she's about to go to college, which means setting your own schedule and not ever getting up before noon if you don't want to. Kendall's a girl who likes her sleep, that's for sure.
Congratulations Kendall! You're finally done with high school forever.
I am so proud of you and am excited to see all the things you accomplish.
I love you!

1 comment: