Friday, April 8, 2011

Problem Solving

In my last post I mentioned how I pulled a muscle, which I was super super bummed about! This is the first time in my life that I've actually stayed dedicated to working out, and I've definitely seen results. The fact that I wasn't going to be able to run was really making me sad. I even had a dream that I had gained 10 pounds. I know I sound like a crazy, weight-obsessed person, but truthfully I'm just really committed to workin' on my fitness.

So I gave myself two days off and got antsy for the gym. I went for a run on Wednesday and the pain in my muscle was even worse. Bummer. So I asked around about what I could do. Everyone said to ice and heat the muscle, which I had been doing. Then I realized, hey, why don't I find a workout that won't tug on that specific muscle? Aha! The stairmaster! So I tried it out yesterday to much success! I can get a productive workout in without running.

Sometimes all it takes is a little problem-solving.

No comments:

Post a Comment