I spent New Year's in Los Angeles, and I forgot that I actually kind of like it. I don't know that I could ever live there, but I do appreciate it for its culture, which is so different from the Bay Area. I love that LA is so glamorous but wearing jeans and flip flops is always appropriate. I also think it gets a bad rap for being vapid and materialistic, because what city isn't like that?
We spent New Year's Eve at Universal Studios. City Walk was open, so we walked around and got interviewed by KTLA! We may or may not have eaten some mini donuts (okay, we did, and they were delicious). The park had three different firework displays so we sat in the Waterworld arena and watched the fireworks up close and danced and celebrated the beginning of 2011. The next day we ate a delicious lunch at Roman's (highly recommend the mozzarella panini!) and then went to an 18 and over nightclub via limo. Clubs aren't really my thing, but it was fun to dance and ward off creepy boys, and limo rides are always fab. Then yesterday my roommate Laura and I braved the rain to shop some more, first at the Hollywood and Highland Mall and then at the Grove. Anthropologie was having a fabulous sale, which I obviously couldn't (and didn't even try to) resist. I got two really cute tops (each $14.96! The shopping gods smiled upon me) that will be adorable with jeans for spring, and a cute coffee mug for my mom. We ate dinner at Maggiano's (which I never realized was a chain!) and saw How Do You Know, which was a good time killer but also not entirely enjoyable.
We drove home today and I have been catching up with emails and things for school. I can't believe the spring semester starts two weeks from tomorrow! I am feeling a little overwhelmed about it all, but there are so many things I'm looking forward to:
- Kate's 21st and all the subsequent celebrations
- Celebrating Laura's last semester by crossing everything off her bucket list
- Increasing my GPA some more (I'm getting greedy for A's...it's an obsession)
- Okay, I'll be honest. I'm nerdily excited for new classes, new books, and new opportunities to learn!
- No more communal bathroom, having cable, and having way more space
- Springtime in Berkeley, which means laying on Memorial Glade in the sunshine, celebrating the Superbowl in true gameday fashion, and going to class in sundresses
- Getting to spend every single day with my best friends
I'll miss my family a lot though! I get so comfortable living at home, and then just have to go back again. The next two weeks are going to be really busy, but I really want to totally clean out my room, give away half of my closet to charity, and do some DIY projects for my room in Berkeley. I also have a conference this weekend and my cousin's Bar Mitzvah right before I head back to school. Busy, but busy is good!
I just found out today that my sister Kendall is my first reader! So exciting. Thanks for following Kendall! I love you!
Look for pictures from my LA trip soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment