Friday, March 11, 2011

Arts and crafts aren't just for kids!


Today I proved that with a little art project. A few weeks ago I stumbled upon an adorable notebook in Urban Outfitters, and its message (Stop and Smell the Flowers) inspired me to make a journal. Since I have a habit of earmarking things in fitness journals (ie recipes I want to try, work outs I want to attempt, etc), I decided I should start compiling all of these things into one place. So, my little fitness journal was born.

All it took was the notebook (which doesn't have to be a fancy one...a cheapo from Walgreens will definitely suffice), some magazines (which I had collected over probably six months), and some sort of adhesive--I used rubber cement because it's easier to work with than a glue stick, and I'm lazy.

The journal isn't done yet (because when is a journal ever done, really?), but so far I have an ongoing brainstorm about why I want to lose weight, some recipes I am going to make when I go home for spring break (which of course I will share on the blog), and some fitness tips/moves I want to try. I am hoping this journal will help me stay fit and on the right track, especially because I just ordered this little number and want to look fab in it by the time summer rolls around.

Can't wait to continue adding to it!

Be well,

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment